Incoming 6th Grade Information
- January 13, 2020 - Priority Transfer Window Opens @ 12:00pm
- January 15, 2020 - Aeries Online Help for Spanish Speaking Families @ Park Elementary
- January 31, 2020 - Priority Registration & Transfer Window Closes
- February 28, 2020 - Transfer Notification via email
Incoming 6th Grade Address Verification Dates @ Borel Middle School
- March 18, 2020 from 1:00 - 4:00pm (LAST NAME A-L)
- March 25, 2020 from 1:00 - 5:00pm (LAST NAME M-Q)
- April 1, 2020 from 1:00 - 4:00pm (LAST NAME R-Z)
6th Grade Survival Guide
Explain the schedule.
Your school day is divided into seven periods. Language Arts is a two-period class. The other classes will be: math, science, social studies, PE, and a wheel class. You will get your actual real live schedule at Head Start Day, plus you will get a chance to meet your teachers, and do a “walk-through” of your schedule.
What if I play an instrument?
If you play an instrument you will alternate between PE class and Band or Orchestra class.Your schedule shows how you will alternate. You will go to PE on odd dates of the month and Band/Orchestra on even-numbered dates, or vice-versa.
How does PE class work?
Once your PE teacher has assigned you a locker, you will bring your PE uniform (which you can purchase at Head Start Day) and tennis shoes to school, which you are able to leave in your locker. You will change your clothes for PE and put your valuables in your locker. Plan on taking your clothes home every now and then to wash.
What do I need on the first day of school?
At Head Start Day you will get a supply list from your homeroom teacher. Plan on bringing the supplies to school in your backpack on the first day. Also bring your PE uniform and lock. It is a good idea to practice opening the combination lock.
Where do I go for help?
There are many places to get help at Borel. Don’t be afraid to ask! Your teachers are always available to talk with you. Our counselors are ready to help you with any kind of questions, class schedules, etc.