All school communication vehicles are for the exclusive use of the school and/or PTA. They are NOT advertising vehicles for individuals or businesses.
When needed, submissions will be forwarded to the PTA President(s) and/or Principal for review and approval before publication.
Submit PTA related items to Borel_Communications@yahoo.com
· Submission Deadline: MONDAY, noon the week of blast
· All items must be translated into Spanish prior to making the submission. For translation help, please email Ester Rostran at firstname.lastname@example.org well in advance of the Monday, noon deadline.
Submit School or Community items to Katherine Russell in the Borel office, at email@example.com
Submission Deadline: FRIDAY, noon the week before the blast
For both submission types:
· The subject line of the email should read Borel Bobcat Blast, date the submission should go in blast, Event Title (ie: Borel Bobcat Blast, 8/19/15, Borel Boosters)
· Headline should be bold, underlined and no more than 8 words.
· The article should be concise and no more than 1 paragraph.
· Font: Ariel 10 point.
· Attachments and links may be included. Attachments MUST be in PDF format.
· Submissions must be edited and ready for print.
· Copy the appropriate board member
IF THE EVENT NEEDS TO BE ADVERTISED OVER MULTIPLE WEEKS, YOU MUST RESUBMIT YOUR EMAIL EVERY WEEK. Repeating information can be necessary, however please do not overuse.
· Address is http://borel.smfcsd.net
· Please submit all requests for all sections to Alyssa Goldrath, the Borel Webmaster, at firstname.lastname@example.org
· Information can be published in the News, Calendar and/or the Static Web Page.
· The Borel Bobcat Blasts are automatically posted on the website.
· The home page content is at the discretion of the Principal.
· Major PTA events such as Magazine Sales, Table Top Lunch, etc. can be included on the Home page news.
Submission Deadline: As soon as the date is confirmed. Guidelines on what should be on calendar: tryout dates for sports, but not all games and practices, all major events and fundraisers. The calendar is located in the right column of the Home page.
· Date of Event
· Title of the Event
· Event details or forms (optional)
STATIC WEB PAGES:
· To be used for reference materials.
· Special section where flyers are kept and can be downloaded by users.
· New web pages can be created to hold longer communications. For instance, pages are created to support Boosters, Reflections, Table Top Luncheon etc. Articles submitted for the weekly blast can be shorter and can have links to this area of the website that include greater details.
· There are pages for each sport where game/meet schedules are kept.
These are sent as needed and when alumni and alumni parents might benefit from information about community facing events such as the Table Top Luncheon and the Cultural Fair.
The subject of the email should read “Alumni News, date to be sent”.
All items should include a Spanish translation. Contact Ester Rostran at email@example.com for translation of your item, prior to submission.
Submit to Borel_Communications@yahoo.com
· Borel Feeder School Liaisons (Baywood, Highlands, Park and Sunnybrae) will forward messages to the appropriate communications vehicles at those schools.
· Send request with plenty of advance notice. We encourage the attendance of future students and their families at all appropriate events.
· Reaches every family in Borel with a recorded telephone message.
· The principal and her staff approve and record messages.
· Intended for school-wide notices such as Back-to-School night, Parent-Teacher conferences, and unusual minimum days.
· PTA and extracurricular groups will use it occasionally for important issues such as fundraising drive, cultural fair, and spring musical.
· If the activity is PTA related, please contact the PTA President for approval. After approval is received, contact Nicole Courtney in the Borel office, to coordinate the recording and distribution.
In keeping with out commitment to inclusivity, all PTA and parent communication must be translated into Spanish. PTA-related items are translated by parent volunteers. General school and community news is translated by the District Office.