Thursday, Sept. 12, 2019
**"Do you like movies? Well next Tuesday September 17th the first meeting will take place. This club will be during lunch A in Room 37. Get your popcorn, get your soda, sit back and relax!"
**Drama Update - Come play some improv games during lunch! We are looking to start a drama club during lunch hosted by a BATS improvisation instructor. If there is enough interest, we will bring her in throughout the year. If you are interested, come to Room 4 on Monday, September 16th during lunch. If you have any questions or would like to sign up, see Ms. G. And be sure to check out SchoolLoop to see details about all the other workshops scheduled for the fall. Sign up now! Spaces are limited!
**Do you want to learn more about coding, game design, app design, 3D Rendering and more? Then come check out our new Technology Club. It is open to all grades. We will be meeting on Wednesdays from 1:15 to 2:15 in the library. You can eat lunch in Mrs. Hofman’s room 5, starting at 12:48. Our first meeting will be on September 18th. Hope to see you there.
**Golf tryouts are at Mariners on 9/16, 9/17, 9/18 at 4pm on Monday and Tuesday and 2 pm on Wednesday.
Practice will be every Monday, starting on Sept. 23, from 4:00 pm-5:30 pm
Tee times for Wednesday league matches will be on a PDF sheet.
Thursday tee times starting Oct 3rd is at 4:00pm Shotgun start.
**Are you an artist, do you like to draw? Yearbook club is holding its third annual Yearbook cover contest. Get your 8 1/2 X 11 sheet of plain paper and let the creativity juices flow. This year’s theme is What Defines your CHARACTER? Yearbook staff, administration, & other staff members will determine the winning design. Come by room 38 for contest rules/details & cover sheet. Drawing are due no later than Friday September 13th. Winning cover will receive a free yearbook. Also, any 6th graders interested in taking pictures for yearbook come see Ms. Wolf at any time to get a camera & directions for picture taking. Remember yearbook meetings are during second lunch room 38 on Tuesdays & Thursdays.
**Attention all students – Are you interested in helping your community by doing the morning announcements down in the office? Do you like speaking in public or would like to hear your voice over the intercom system? If so, then please come see Ms. Wharton to audition for an opportunity to share the role of morning announcements with your fellow classmates.
**Students riding Sam Trans, it is crowded so we need you to do the following things so everyone is safe
- Sit two to a seat. Do not save seats for friends, bags, or instruments. All seats need to be double occupied.
- Keep your talking to a low volume.
- Report any unsafe behaviors immediately to our office. Students engaging in unsafe bus riding will be removed from the bus.
- Remember we are responsible for you until you get home so continue to act in a respectful, responsible, safe way.
- Thank you!
**Starting this week our construction work area will expand. This will affect the following drop off and pick ups
- The gates near the Borel Ave Sam trans bus stops #53 and #58 will be closed. The gate by the Sam Trans #55 bus stop on Borel Ave will be opened. Please drop off your child on our side of the road.
- At dismissal, students taking the bus or getting picked up on Borel Ave will all wait near the 55 gate. Then we’ll send them out to the appropriate 53, 55, and 58 busses.