The mission of AVID is to prepare all students for college readiness and success in a global society. The AVID elective helps prepare students for success in high school, college graduation, and a career.
The AVID Elective is designed for students in the academic middle who are capable of completing rigorous curriculum but might be falling short of their potential. Often, they will be the first in their families to attend college or face other challenging circumstances. In addition, the strongest candidates for the AVID elective typically have:
- a GPA between 2.0 and 3.5
- standardized test scores that are average and above
- appropriate classroom behavior
- strong attendance
- a willingness to accept support and work with other students
- the desire and determination to succeed
For more information check out this video.
* Admission is selective. To be accepted into AVID, students are required to complete an application.