Annual Traffic Safety Letter 2017-2018 (click here to view in English & Spanish)
Traffic conditions in front of school on Barneson Avenue are dangerous for our students on foot. Too many cars are traveling too fast through our school zone.
Here are some tips that can help keep our children safe.
- Have your child walk to and from school (if you live close enough to Borel)
- Have your child take the bus (if your home is served by the SamTrans school routes)
- Carpool with other Borel families.
- Keep your speed below 25 MPH throughout the Borel neighborhood and be patient with other drivers and pedestrians.
- Drop off and pick up on side streets away from Barneson Avenue.
- Use Borel Ave – the gates are open behind the fieldsLet your child walk a block or two from/to school.
- Do not make a U-turn any where near the school. After dropping or picking up your child, please go around the block to turn around.
- Do not double park in front of the school. Always pull over to the curb and pull forward as far as possible.
- Arrive 10 to 15 minutes early in the morning or later in the afternoon. There’s very little congestion at those times.
- Respect the authority of the parent crossing volunteers.
Do not stop or park at anytime in the following
- Red Zones
- Staff Parking Lot
The Borel PTA Safety Committee thanks you for your cooperation.